City Kids And Youth
We are excited to help children and their parents grow in knowing God’s love and grace. Our philosophy is to develop relationships between children, the City Life community, and the story of God’s grace. Our lessons emphasize children’s creative participation in the stories of the Bible. Utilizing art, story telling, physical activity, singing, and, of course, fun, we help our kids understand God’s love while experiencing loving community. City Kids includes three age groups.
- Nursery: 0 to 18 months old @ Capsity. Led by: Lisa
- Story Time: Pre-School to 2nd Grade @ Capsity. Led by: Jillian
- Secondary Class: Grades 3-5. Children begin at Sol Collective and sit together with their teacher for the singing and liturgy time. During the greeting time they head to Capsity for class.
Where? City Life's space is unique! Sol Collective (Worship) and Capsity (Children & Youth) are two store-front spaces side-by-side on 21st Street. City Kids opens for check-in at 9:45 am and closes 15 minutes after the end of the service.
A few notes for parents: Our Child Safety Policy requires each child be checked in so that we can contact parents if they are needed during the service. At any point in the service you can come to Capsity to be available for your child’s needs and are welcome to stay as long as you like. You can help us by picking up your child in the first 10 minutes after the service. Our Nursery is a parent co-op system. If your family has kids in our children’s ministry, we’ll ask you to participate in the Nursery rotation (scheduled approximately once/quarter). A sub list is provided so you can get help if you can’t cover your date.
Our new and growing youth group makes us proud: they bring smiles and fun to the whole community, and have led us in service projects, such as helping homeless women and children through Mary House and serving breakfast with First United Methodist Church to midtown's homeless population.
Youth group meetings:
- Fun, food, and a Bible discussion.
- Off-site twice a month (2nd and 4th Sundays) right after the Sunday service.
- All our leaders are background checked and follow our strict child-safety policy.
Youth Sunday- 1st Sunday of each month is Youth Sunday. Our youth creatively participate in making Sunday happen.
Social Events- Trampolining, hiking, movie nights...we like to have fun! We try to meet quarterly for "just fun" get-togethers.
We are eager to answer any questions or suggestions you may have. Email Lisa Holland.